In the Church of Scotland, money given is spent to support:
- paying the Minister
- meeting the church’s running costs
- supporting the wider work of the Church of Scotland home and abroad
- outreach and charity
Christian stewardship is a way of living in which we recognise that everything belongs to God. We are stewards of all that God has given us. Your giving allows us to continue to grow God’s gifts.
If you wish to make a one-off donation, please visit our Stewardship page.
Giving regularly is the best way to support your church. Here is how you can give regularly:
If you wish to give monthly, you can either create a bank standing order yourself if you use online banking, or download a bank standing order form here for posting to your bank so that the bank can transfer money from you. This is easier than having to remember to bring money each week to church.
If you wish to give weekly, please ask for a supply of weekly offering envelopes which you can put in the offering plate when you come to church. Home collection of WFO envelopes is available. Please contact the Church Office on 01577 862570 and leave a message and we will arrange a suitable time.
Can you Gift Aid your contribution? If you can, this allows us to claim back from the government 25p for every £1 that you give to the church. To gift aid your donation you must be a UK taxpayer (income tax or capital gains tax) and have filled in a gift aid declaration and returned it to our treasurer via the church office. Download a gift aid declaration here.
SUPPORTING UKRAINIAN REFUGEE FAMILIES
Kinross Parish Church is partnered with The Great Church, Debrecen, Hungary, which is supporting a congregation in Csongor, Ukraine that is giving food and accommodation to over 30 refugee families. The Csongor church is looked to renovate a building as a shelter-house for these displaced families. The Kirk Session commends this project that offers practical, sustainable support. If you would like to make a donation:
- please hand in a donation at a Sunday service, marking your envelope “Ukraine Appeal”
- please click here on our Stewardship link and mark your offering "Ukraine Appeal"
- please make a BACS payment to Kinross Parish Church using the bank details shown on this form and mark "Ukraine Appeal"
JUNE 2022 COMMUNION SPECIAL OFFERING: THE STEPHEN LYON FOUNDATION
(Scottish Charity No. SC050446)
The Stephen Lyon Foundation empowers those experiencing suicidal thoughts or struggling with aspects of their life to take back control. Its passionate team of staff and volunteers supports young people aged 14+. This local charity has been chosen by the Kirk Session for our special collection and is commended to you.
You are invited, if you are able, to support our chosen charity:
- please hand in a donation at a Sunday service, marking your envelope “Stephen Lyon Foundation”
- please click here on our Stewardship link and mark your offering "Stephen Lyon Foundation"
- please make a BACS payment to Kinross Parish Church using the bank details shown on this form and mark "Stephen Lyon Foundation"