In the Church of Scotland, money given is spent to support:
- paying the Minister
- meeting the church’s running costs
- supporting the wider work of the Church of Scotland home and abroad
- outreach and charity
Christian stewardship is a way of living in which we recognise that everything belongs to God. We are stewards of all that God has given us. Your giving allows us to continue to grow God’s gifts.
If you wish to make a one-off donation, please visit our Stewardship page.
Giving regularly is the best way to support your church. Here is how you can give regularly:
If you wish to give monthly, you can either create a bank standing order yourself if you use online banking, or download a bank standing order form here for posting to your bank so that the bank can transfer money from you. This is easier than having to remember to bring money each week to church.
If you wish to give weekly, please ask for a supply of weekly offering envelopes which you can put in the offering plate when you come to church.
Can you Gift Aid your contribution? If you can, this allows us to claim back from the government 25p for every £1 that you give to the church. To gift aid your donation you must be a UK taxpayer (income tax or capital gains tax) and have filled in a gift aid declaration and returned it to our treasurer via the church office. Download a gift aid declaration here.
Legacies: No matter how big or small, including a gift to Kinross Parish Church in your will enables the continued mission and outreach of the church's work. If you wish to discuss this, please contact the Church Office. Thank you.
SEPTEMBER 2023 COMMUNION & HARVEST THANKSGIVING COLLECTIONS: SHELTERBOX
We hear in the news of conflict in Ethiopia, earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, war in Ukraine and civil war in Yemen and yet we feel helpless to know how to respond to our global neighbours. Offering immediate and practical aid, ShelterBox responds to international emergencies by providing shelter, essential items and technical assistance to help some of the world's most vultnerable people recover and rebuild their homes after disaster. The Kirk Session commends the work of ShelterBox as the recipient of the September communion and Harvest Thanksgiving collections. If you would like to make a contribution:
- please hand in a donation at a Sunday service, marking your envelope "ShelterBox"
- please click here on our Stewardship link and mark your offering "ShelterBox"
- please make a BACS payment to Kinross Parish Church using the bank details shown on this form and mark it "ShelterBox"
- a card reader will be available at the 1 October Harvest Thanksgiving services
SUPPORTING UKRAINIAN REFUGEE FAMILIES
Kinross Parish Church is partnered with The Great Church, Debrecen, Hungary, which is supporting a congregation in Csongor, Ukraine that is preparing food daily for over 100 people. The Csongor church is renovating a building as a shelter-house for displaced families; this shelter house must include an air raid shelter. This project offers practical, sustainable support. If you would like to make a donation:
- please hand in a donation at a Sunday service, marking your envelope “Ukraine Appeal”
- please click here on our Stewardship link and mark your offering "Ukraine Appeal"
- please make a BACS payment to Kinross Parish Church using the bank details shown on this form and mark "Ukraine Appeal"