News

bigimage

OUR HISTORICAL LONDON CONNECTION

Posted on: February 2, 2019

The four memorial tablets to the Graham family of Kinross House in our church came from the church of St. Peter-le-Poer in the City of London, demolished in 1907. The sale of this valuable site in the City financed a new church of the same name in the then fast-growing suburb of Friern Barnet in North London.  One of our elders, Gordon McFarlane, visited this church last year with our greetings. The photos are of the font and pulpit which were also saved and re-used from the original church.